• Contestants are expected to perform either the first or third movement of a concerto or a composition for solo instrument and orchestra.
• Memorization of audition material is recommended but not required.
• Piano accompaniment is required for all contestants. All applicants are to provide their own accompanist. Please abbreviate long tutti passages in the accompaniment.
• Each audition will last a maximum of ten minutes. Contestants may be interrupted at the
discretion of the judges.
• A non-refundable fee of $20 must accompany each application.
Checks should be made out to Penfield Symphony Orchestra.
Note on repertoire selection: due to time and cost constraints, orchestral parts must be available from a publisher or rental agency in the USA. If you need help in verifying this, please contact the PSO office. Performance must be of the auditioned material.